If you boiler is not under warrantee then do you need one? Well, of course it is in our vested interest to say yes, so that we can come and do it every year! So here are some things to think about:
- It does make sure the boiler is running safely and correctly.
- If the boiler is not running right parts are more likely to be damaged resulting in expensive repair bills
- The boiler could be burning more gas than it needs to making your fuel bills higher
- Most people do have a regular boiler service
- Most people wouldn't question the need to service & MOT their cars regularly.
About every 12 months, check in your owners manual. The boiler needs to be OK, can't be serviced if it doesn't work, that is called a repair. Ideally the heating should be off and cold before the service, so the end of summer or early autumn is the ideal time of year, hence the timing of this blog. You may want to consult the last entry on how much a boiler service should cost.